USDRCG Wiki Manuals
Here you will find documentation written by us, specifically for our supercomputer. We cover a range of topics, from logging in and navigating to specific software how-to guides.
- This site has tutorials for beginners, from shell commands and scripting, to visualization techniques in Python and R.
- This site provides simple, yet in-depth, help to take your shell literacy to the next level.
- This site allows you to type (or paste) in shell commands to get an expanation of the components.
- This site contains interactive tutorials for many programming languages.
Getting started with the Unix Shell
- This will help you understand what the Unix shell is and how it is used. Moving through folders on your computer, finding and editing files, plus basic structure of data manipulation will be covered. Finally, the structure of loops and scripts will be included.
Programming with Python
- Python is known for its ability to handle data. This will help you understand how to manipulate data and visualize results.
Programming with R
- Statistical methods work great in R. This language can do much more, too. Here, you'll learn how to handle data and make great graphs.
Version Control with Git/GitHub
- Keeping track of different versions of files can be a difficult task. Git does it for you. Learn how to set up an account and start using this powerful tool.